This is one of my all time favorite meals to make. It’s yummy, easy, healthy, vegan, and fun to make!
4 oz basil
3-4 garlic cloves
4 tbs olive oil
2-3 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
4 tbs sunflower seeds, pine nuts, or walnuts
1 large lemon (may want to adjust, I like my pesto lemony)
a pinch of salt and pepper
1. Add garlic cloves and 1 tbs (just estimate!) of olive oil to a piece of foil that you have folded up to look like a little bowl. Roast cloves in little foil bowl at 450 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until they are just starting to brown.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
3. Add the garlic (and oil) after it's finished roasted.
4. Process until finely chopped and mixed. You may have to pause and mix the pesto to get it to blend better. If the pesto is really having trouble blending, add more oil or a tablespoon of water at a time.
5. I've been adding this pesto to pasta with kale and tofu that I have sautéed. It's so dang good and easy to make!
Note: This will serve 4-6 servings. If you want to have pesto left over, I suggest waiting to add the mashed avocado directly before serving it on the leftovers.